24 February 2010

confessions of a shop-a-holic

Today, after work, I went on a little shopping spree.
No, not shoes.
Not clothes, either.
It's books. My secret obsession is books.
I'm already organizing the bookshelf in double rows, I don't really have any more place, still I can't stop buying books, even if I still have a couple which should be read first before new books should be bought.

And yes, as a designer, I judge a book by it's cover. And only try to buy pretty editions.


(In case you're interested, I bought Nick Hornby "Juliet, Naked", David Nicholls "Starter for Ten", John Irving "Prayer for Owen Meany" & "The World According To Garp".)

1 comment:

  1. Aww I LOVE pretty books too. I also often tend to judge a book by its cover. I can't always buy those I want though... it's rarely cheap those little things :(

    "A Prayer for Owen Meany" is my favorite from Irving. It's a bit tough at first, there's quite a bit of talk of religion - and not really the ones I'm familiar with - but it's *so* worth it. It's a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete