19 May 2010

when tragedy strikes.

As most of you know by now, I'm a public transport user. It would be crazy to try to get into the city by car every day, so – like most people – I use the tram.
It's not a "dangerous" route I take, the tram isn't passing any "trouble herds" on the way to work.

Last weekend, a young guy was stabbed to death in one of the city's most populated and buy tram stations. One I pass every day. On a bank that I always sit on when I'm in that station. A 16-year old emigrant came up to the boy with the question "what are you looking at?", and obviously, any answer to that would have been wrong. He got stabbed in the chest and died right there.

This station is in the heart of the city, if you're not safe there, where can you be safe then?

1 comment:

  1. ich finde das so furchtbar.
    es ist ja nicht das erste mal das es solche vorfälle auf bahnhöfen gibt.
    ich persönlich fühle mich abends auf bahnhöfen/bushaltestellen sowieso nicht mehr sonderlich wohl.
    man müsste die sicherheitsvorkehrungen verschärfen, auch an schulen etc aber da kümmert sich ja leider niemand drum.

    ReplyDelete